SABIC Procurement’s ambition is aligned with SABIC’s global strategy and focuses on growth and innovation. The global challenge for procurement within SABIC is to secure uninterrupted supply of goods, materials and services to our businesses, while creating value for the business. Value created by improving total cost of ownership, leveraging buys on local, regional and global scale and by reducing procurement costs .The procurement costs reduced by standardizing and optimizing the procurement working processes.
Local and Regional Procurement are part of the Global Procurement Organization that is reporting into the Global Corporate Shared Services organization. As a part of the Procurement organization, the Site Procurement Team manages best in class operational processes and maximizes value for money in purchasing and managing materials & services by exploiting economies of scale and maintaining the same high performance and service level for all customers. The vacancy Tactical Turnaround Buyer functionally will report to the Procurement Turnaround Team Lead.
The Tactical Turnaround Buyer will be located in Geleen and serves as a procurement business partner. Capturing requirements, identifying opportunities, intensive co-operation with the internal customers and Procurement colleagues delivering value, in an efficient manner and fully compliant with SABIC Procurement Policy is of utmost importance.
In general, the Tactical Turnaround Buyer role characteristics are straightforward on time contracting services, secure supply of goods and services and competitive bidding according procurement business rules. Processes can be very complex, as specification are not always that clear and business pressure might urge for vigorous, but always compliant, actions. Main goal for this role is contracting best value, whilst serving the business needs and delivering a compliant procurement dossier.
Tasks & responsibilities
• Procure local Turnarounds and support EPM related projects
• Manage the Sourcing, Contracting and Procurement of Turnarounds.
• Implement sourcing via competitive bidding as much as possible
• Responsible for value creation.
• Ensure compliance to regional legislation (ie Reach), global standards, requirements, policies and procedures including EHS.
• Execute Vendor Qualification.
• Execute supplier management: achieve high supplier performance, ensure delivery at most profitable conditions in the current market and stimulate continuous improvement.
• Supplier evaluation.
• Manage complaint handling / claims.
• On incidental basis provide operational support and solve critical procurement problems. (second line trouble shooting)
• Connect with Corporate functions like Legal and Insurance.
• Share knowledge of procurement processes and policies with the internal organization. (stakeholders)
Terms of employment
• Bachelor or Master Degree (HBO+) in commerce, business administration, engineering or similar.
• Tactical purchasing experience and preferably procurement specific education in the mentioned field. (e.g. NEVI 1, 2)
• A minimum of 3-5 years working experience with internal customer base.
• Familiarity with manufacturing and materials, preferably a technical background.
• Capability of professional time management, communicate on progress and escalate if needed.
• Proven negotiation and analytical skills.
• Administrative affinity and knowledge (SAP-MM), including accuracy.
• Flexible in picking up extra works and taking the extra step if needed.
• Steady & robust personality, able to work successful in a technical environment with turnaround managers, project managers and other stakeholders.
• Proven execution and delivering results capabilities.
• Proven communication & interpersonal competences resulting in best team results.
• Fluent in English and Dutch, verbal and writing.
• ICT Knowledge: Business management systems, ERP-system (SAP) and other dedicated applications and Office systems. (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)