For one of our TOP (international) clients based in the South of Limburg we are looking for a GL Accountant. You are responsible for supporting financial accounting processes to provide timely and accurate reporting in accordance with both local regulations and US GAAP requirements. You will work together and build business relationships with a variety of customers, stakeholders and relevant support functions. Key focus will be the ownership of the Control Tower activities between the Shared Service Centre & French Local Office Finance community. You are the linking-pin between an outsourcing partner and the Local Finance office team in assuring quality and timelines of all outsourced, insourced and centralized activities. In the position it is also important to assure activities are performed in accordance with local regulations and Corporate Policies and Procedures. You are part of a team consisting of 30 finance professionals. You have to be fluent in French and good knowledge of SAP.
• Execute month-quarter-year-end close processes;
• Oversee financial and accounting process and work closely together with Finance Local Office teams and Outsourcing partner, with a high focus on controlling balance sheet reconciliations and journal entries;
• Optimize current financial accounting process together with different stakeholders;
• Comply with KPI’s;
• Drive compliance in all finance-related matters and ensure compliance with Corporate and local policies, statutory requirements and GAAP principles;
• Support internal and external audits and audit-related accounting matters;
• Apply LEAN methodologies to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of financial processes;
• Participate in implementing quality requirements in within the financial process;
• Ensure all activities comply with legal demands, ethical standards and the Internal Quality Management System.